Sunday, September 30, 2007

The North Dallas Tollway is Open Alas!

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen sitting in bottleneck traffic along the service road of North Dallas Tollway, and nobody but residents of Frisco can share in the elation felt at the opening of the new extension of the North Dallas Tollway.

I found out this morning, (Sunday) on my way back from my once-per-month cheat of Krispy Kremes. Minding my own business, traveling the rickety service road, trying to figure out if I should make a break for it at Lebonan or hold out to Eldorado, when I saw faint movement to my right. Low-and-behold. I couldn't believe my eyes! Cars driving along the Tollway. Hoorah!

I've driven back and forth a few times now, only to have my excitement diminished by the hefty Eldorado toll of $1.30. Can you believe it? That's "highway robbery."

Oh well, at least I'm not still stuck at 121 and the Tollway. Now, if they'd only do something about Eldorado--fast!

By Jenna Ryan
Frisco Resident
Real Estate Webmaster

No comments: