Thursday, April 03, 2008

Texas Tornados - Frisco Hockey Team

If you are a Frisco resident and haven't been to a Texas Tornados Hockey game at the Dr. Pepper Center, you are missing out bigtime. I went last Friday and had a most excellent time. Hockey is a fun sport, and it's so close, like right down the street on Gaylord near Stonebriar Mall. The crowd is active, there is beer, snacks and loud rock music during intermission. The bathrooms are clean and the entertainment is superb.

At first I was a little put-off by the violence, (I'm such a girl) but in no time I started screaming, "hit him in the face!" There's something so raw about violence in the name of sport, as in war, suddenly the unthinkable is justified. Maybe it was the other team's posse acting smug when they were ahead by three points. We couldn't let those bucket thumping wannabees win! It's our Dr. Pepper Center! That did it. I cheered for the other team to get beaten, tripped and shoved louder than the rest of the crowd (I also have a loud mouth). What a great release! You need to come and support your local Frisco Hockey Team!!!

Kids will love this sport and the Dr. Pepper Center and the Frisco Texas Tornados. You've got to visit. I'll be at the next game with my nephew. It's on April 11th at 8pm. This game will be round 1 of the playoffs against Topeka. (Look at me, I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about.) Pinch me. We're in Frisco!

No comments: